Sunday, August 9, 2009

About the rest of my pics on vacation and home study

Sorry it took so long to get back but Tim just fixed the computer on Friday then we were busy. About the rest of vacation and pictures. We had a great time. This was Tim and I on the boat.

These next few pictures were of Tim playing cards with the kids and the card picture that little girl is Alli and she was one of the twins that were the flower girls at that wedding I posted the pictures for and her sister is in another picture posing with Tim. Aren't they so cute. I love to watch Tim playing with kids you can tell he really enjoys it.
This picture Tim was going over football plays with the girls to go against the boys and of course he was there quarter back. I took a billion of these pictures but I loved this one most the way he gets down to there level and talks to them like they are adults and not children. So cute
This is a picture of Tim and I's campfire we made so we could make dinner. Which were hot dogs and then later we all sat by it and talked and had a great time with smores and that. I was very happy with my skill to help build fire. Haaaha
This little cutie below is Kayla and her parents and this is her first vacation up there. This is a cool picture because Kayla's mom is Jenny who is Tim's age and a family friend. Tim and Jenny and in the above picture while Tim was playing card was Jenny's brother Jim. They use to all come up to Houghton Lake were we vacationed every year since they were 8 years old. There parents and Tim's parents all got along and went on vacation this time every year and they have been going up there for a long time and this picture just shows the kids that use to come up as kids having kids. Which I think is pretty cool, because when can you say you have vacationed with the same people for 23 years and then see those kids way back when now having kids and they get to enjoy it like they all did when they were young. Little Kayla is 10 months.


Then I just added a picture of Tim and I just fishing and having a great time. All in all I think you all can see what a great and fun time we all had. Fun times.
Okay about the HOME STUDY. So I was nervous like I told you all on Monday. She came over and was very nice. She was at the house for like 2 hours. I liked her but what bothered me was that she told me that she wouldn't be our social worker. She will give me the name of the social worker once she knew who it was and she was not sure why my call came through t her is why she was following up. Well she liked us and we liked her and now we are going to have another social worker who has never meet us, never saw our house, doesn't know our personalities and what we want and don't want. It was kind of disheartening. Like Tim said if that Lady Rita was our social worker he said he feels we would be chosen in months. But now with someone who has no idea who we are we don't know were we stand. I know at least we are in the process but why didn't they give my call to the correct person who would have been our social worker and that person might have not been as busy as she was and had to wait as long as Rita said someone quit and she was doing the job of 2 people is why it took so long to get out here. I just want to say keep your stuff straight. I understand it is frustrating to them but it is frustrating for us as well. I am sorry now I am going down negative vill. At least we have switched they have our paper work now I just need to wait for the call of who is our social worker and hope to talk to them to get to know them and they can get to know us. I asked how long can it take to get chosen on average and like everyone they were wishy washy about the answer then Tim kept saying a round about. She said a month to a year. I think that is good news we will see what is to come. There were some hard questions though. DHS asked what age group were we interested in which was hard but we said 0-7 years old and depending on the issue and circumstance. Then they asked some sensitive questions, that are always hard to answer and I will not share and answer them as not to hurt any one's feeling or beliefs on such a sensitive questions but if you have been through the adoption process you know those questions that they ask about what type of child you would except. When you have to answer them you start to sweat and say in your head I have to give an honest answer. It is hard to answer and who's not to say that my answer could be dead wrong if I meet the child. It is hard thing and I think that is the worst part but she was nice and just said you have to do what is right for you and the child. She said it was good to think about both the child and ourselves because some families can be so desperate to have a child they take any children even one's that they can't handle just because they wanted a family so bad. I am sure. I know I am almost to that point and Tim keeps telling me this is the rest of our lives. We can only take what we can handle. I completely agree. Everyone is build differently. Everyone handles thongs differently. From here we will see what happens. One question she asked because I told her I was only willing to foster a child to adopt. Then I told her if there is a situation that one child is adoptable and the other sibling isn't that we would foster the other sibling even if the family comes back to take the one we will always have contact regardless with the other sibling so they can see each other. Then she asked me if I would be willing to foster a child short term and she used the example if a foster parent is going on vacation or an emergency death in the family or something if we would be able to foster the child for a short amount of time. At first I was like I don't know I would be babysitting a stranger but then like she said it is a good way to network with foster parents who are only interested in fostering. She said that foster parents have chosen an adopted families before when they saw what a good job they did with the child when they babysat the child. I figured sure why not. You never know what can happen. I think my big deal with fostering is I want to do it but I don't want to get hurt. I want to show a child the love they need to grow but then I think I would put up a wall with a child as to not get hurt when that child goes back to there parents and I know that is not good for a child is why I said no to fostering just to foster any child. I want to ultimately foster to adopt. We will see what happens and what is to come but that is were I stand right now.

Friday night we went to a baseball game to see the Detroit tigers play. We had a great time.


1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...the process is daunting for sure. Definitely be honest about the type of child..and fostering short term could be an excellent way to get the experience they are sometimes looking for when matching kids and parents! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete