Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Call last night

So we got a call last night from protective health service about 4 children that needed a home and a possible adoptive family. It was 8:45 at night and we just laid down in bed after putting Justin down. I know it was early it was early to go to bed for us too but we have this sinus thing that are heads feel so heavy they feel like exploding so we decided to sleep it off.

Sorry getting back we got the call my husband picked up and we had to say no. It hurts to know there are kids out there that need family's and I don't want to separate kids for my own selfishness. They should be together but 4 kids all under the age of 5. Few that would be a huge task for anyone let alone us who are only wanting 1-2 more. I had trouble going back to sleep last night just hoping they found a family for these kids. This is hard to get calls like that and know it is out of my range of what I know I can do. Foster care and the calling process is hard. You want to help and save them all and you can't. Your only own person.

2 comments:

  1. First off I hope you feel better! It really is sad to think about all the children out there that need a family. You are right you are only one person. I don't understand why they keep calling you when you made it clear that you only want 1-2 children, but that is CPS for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete